Hello! 🙂 I’m quite a humble person, really, but I know that people that come to this page want to know more about me. This page started out small, but people ask more and more questions, so the page grows and grows! Remember, in saying All This Stuff about myself, I am actually egoless, which I think is the greatest creative gift any artist can give to one’s self.
BIO WRITTEN BY MY PUBLICIST IN THE THIRD-PERSON
Trey Ratcliff is an artist on a somewhat quixotic mission to help spread consciousness and mindfulness to the world through photography and creativity. Running the #1 travel photography blog in the world, StuckInCustoms.com, has taken him to all seven continents over the past decade, and Google has tracked more than 140 billion views of his photos, all while building a social media presence with over 5 million followers.
Chris Anderson from TED called him a “pioneer” of the now ubiquitous genre of High Dynamic Range photography. Ratcliff had the first HDR photograph to hang in the Smithsonian Museum and, sales of his large-format limited edition prints to fine art collectors worldwide have grown into a multimillion-dollar business. In 2012, he moved his family and photography business to Queenstown, New Zealand, before it became a trendy doomsday contingency plan.
Trey has collectors of his fine art from all around the world. These include everyone from knights to professional football players to celebrities like Edward Norton and Leonardo DiCaprio.
View Trey's media kit for additional information about the audience reach, partnerships, and other projects.
Fine Art Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaking Engagements: Amie Yavor (email@example.com)
Advertising & sponsorships: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Opportunities: email@example.com
Something unexpected? firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE’S A MORE QUIRKY BIO IN BRIEF BULLET POINTS
More info on the "About Me" page on the blog! :)
- I was born blind in one eye and still only see out of my left. I call it “The Gift"
- My degree was Computer Science and Math and I did that for 35 years before finally diving full-time into my creative side.
- I started the blog StuckInCustoms.com immediately after getting a digital DSLR and started sharing 1 photo per day, stories, and free tutorials to help everyone enjoy this strange world of HDR Photography that I was discovering for myself. I was obsessed. As of the time of writing this, that was about 10 years ago and I still publish one photo per day and I love it. Here is the HDR Tutorialby the way.
My SmugMug Video
- The site became very popular and I started getting into social media. Now, if you add up all platforms (FB, Insta, Pinterest, Twitter), I have about 5 million followers and I love all these Internet friends!
- Google tracks views, and on that platform alone, it’s over 140 billion views tracking at over 125 million a day of the photos. At least some of those views are from my mom, who is my biggest fan 🙂
- I do a lot of public speaking through my agent at CAA, I’ve been interviewed on most major TV channels around the world, and had the first HDR photo to hang in the Smithsonian. My young son went to go visit it in person, took a photo, and it made him proud. That made me smile.
- I’m really into meditation and yoga. I also go to Burning Man (my photos) every single year and love it.
- Over the past few years, I’ve started partnering with companies to build products and services. One good example is Peak Design, where we designed a number of bags on Kickstarter. The two Kickstarters made over $13 million and have been hugely successful. Most importantly, the bags make people happy! I give tremendous credit to the Peak Design team!
- I also teamed up to build our own Photo Software with Skylum. It is available for WIndows and Mac and has over 3 million downloads and counting. Last year we won Apple’s “Mac App of the Year.”
- The company here has grown to about 10 people, full-time and part-time. Everyone helps one another out and we have a lot of fun!
- Lots more to talk about but already too many bullet points… more here on the site from Workshops to Fine Art sales to Business Development to our Online Store to Luxury Brand Partnerships to Home Videos!
- What’s the core reason I do all of this? A bit new-agey but maybe you’ll dig it. I want to help spread consciousness and presence to the world. It’s hard to teach billions to meditate, but you can help teach them photography and creativity. I believe when people are being creative they are being fully present and conscious, and that’s the best thing we all can do for the world.
A VERY PERSONAL VIDEO
I made this video from 3+ years of drone footage combined with the word of the British philosopher Alan Watts. FInd a quiet place, put on your headphones, and enjoy.