Awesome Earth People
Big Cities and Little 'uns
My memory is SO BAD. I really can't believe it. I remember going to this amazing restaurant in Morocco, but I can't remember the name, or even the city. There's a 70% chance it is Marrakech, a 20% chance it is Rabat, and a 10% chance it is Fez. I'm pretty sure of that, although that's like being sure of nothing. And, of course, I don't remember the name of the restaurant, because it would be pretty easy to look up. Anyway, at least I got an interesting photo of a mysterious place!
Okay, I saw a lot of crazy outfits here in Papua New Guinea, but none as cumbersome as this. It must have been 100 degrees outside, and all of a sudden, I saw this tribe emerge, all wearing this outfit. I don't know what to call it. I suppose if Chewbacca had an afro, it would look like this? I don't know if that is an apt way of putting it, but you get the idea. I really doubt these things “breathed” like a thin layer of Marino wool, either.
from Trey Ratcliff at http://www.StuckInCustoms.com
I visited the National Mosque in Kuala Lumpur between services. I would not be allowed to take photos otherwise. But, mosques are almost always open to anyone that wants to come in to pray or relax, like this gentleman is doing. Sometimes, on very hot days in these Muslim countries, I will go into mosques to relax too. They are often air-conditioned and I just sit on the floor with all my equipment and relax/meditate. Running around all day long in the heat can really get to ya.
Copyright Trey Ratcliff www.StuckInCustoms.com