Portfolio - StuckInCustoms.com
Powered by SmugMug Log In
Hot Pot In Chengdu

Hot Pot In Chengdu

One of the most popular things to do in Chengdu is to eat out at these hot pot places. They basically give you some giant boiling vats and lots of random raw stuff you dump inside until its disinfected. Then you douse it in some incredibly spicy sauce and swallow it before asking too many questions. It wasn't my favorite thing if you can't tell. It's quite communal… everyone's food and eating-sticks are all mixed together into a confusing food situation. I also spent about 10% of my time at the table and the other 90% roaming around to get photos of the place… I think the environs were much more interesting than the food!

Read more: https://www.stuckincustoms.com/2018/07/20/hot-pot-in-chengdu/

Copyright Trey Ratcliff http://www.StuckInCustoms.com

ChengduChinaStuckInCustoms.comTrey RatcliffFooddrinkrestaurantCultureLampstablewoodcarvingSonya7R IIIa7R1635mmGMaster